There’s no doubt that we’re addicted to e-mail. However, in this on-demand world we have become extremely informal in our communications. This can pose a real problem when it comes to credibility and professionalism. Here’s how you can make your everyday e-mails stand out from the rest of the clutter:
- Use a specific subject line.
- Have a clear purpose.
- Check punctuation, sentence structure and spelling.
- Read e-mails 3 times before sending.
- If it’s an important correspondence, leave it for a while and come back to read it again before you click send.
- Add the “to” address after you’ve completed the e-mail. That way you won’t accidentally send it before it’s ready to go.
Implementing these simple steps can help increase your productivity and credibility.
Make Every Presentation Great!