Make the Most of Your Ten-Minute Meeting
In response to the questions I received regarding my previous blog about communicating with executives, I’d like to provide some additional guidance on these critical communications.
In order to make your recommendations short, sweet and to the point, consider using the Ten-Minute Solution Process. If you organize your information in the following way, you’ll be able to concisely pitch your idea, increase your credibility and improve your chances of success:
1. Identify the pain or change opportunity
2. Propose goal-related solutions
3. Quantify solution options
4. Describe the pros and cons of each solution
5. Urge specific action steps